Author Topic: Why there are so many CoDeen proxies?  (Read 10184 times)

Xploitz

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
Why there are so many CoDeen proxies?
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:50:13 AM »
2).  They do not eliminate all useless Planetlab/CoDeeN proxies from their lists!

katmando,

It seems like now-a-days theirs more planetlab/codeen proxies than their are ACTUAL proxies. I remember 5 years ago, I could hunt down literally thousands of working anonymous proxies in a matter of minutes! Now, It might take me a day to get even 1000 completely anonymous proxies with ANY proxy software.

Why in the hell are their so many planetlab and codeen proxies? Where did all the real proxies go?

Sorry, but its been 5 years since I've hunted down any proxies....and now all I get is pure B.S to workwith.

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:15:47 AM »
Xploitz - It's easy to speculated as to the various reasons of "why".  But, for example, lets say that you own a proxy server and you even didn't mind people (thousands and thousands of unknowns) using it to keep themselves anonymous for honest reasons.  However, then you discover that those thousands and thousands people are actually scumbags who are using your proxy for illegal purposes.  Would you keep it open?
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
Xploitz - It's easy to speculated as to the various reasons of "why".  But, for example, lets say that you own a proxy server and you even didn't mind people (thousands and thousands of unknowns) using it to keep themselves anonymous for honest reasons.  However, then you discover that those thousands and thousands people are actually scumbags who are using your proxy for illegal purposes.  Would you keep it open?

Well of course not.

I just "assumed" proxies would last longer than they have. Their all dying. Soon there probably won't be any even worth hunting down if this trend continues. Its just very discouraging....thats all.

Thanks for all your help guys.

One last question....

Is elite proxy switcher better than FPL?? Cause I like really like FPL. I downloaded the trial of EPS, but all I can do with it is "test" proxies to a limited degree. I can't d/l the list with its limitations.

Well anyways...thank you both for your help. It was much appreciated. ;)

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 10:31:15 AM »
I just "assumed" proxies would last longer than they have. Their all dying. Soon there probably won't be any even worth hunting down if this trend continues. Its just very discouraging....thats all.

Yep, it will undoubtedly get to a point where people who wish to be anonymous will have to purchase their own private proxy server.  :)

Is elite proxy switcher better than FPL?? Cause I like really like FPL.

Better?  They are two different programs.  Basically FPL does what it's name (Forum Proxy Leecher) implies.  The program also includes a very limited (and weak) proxy analyzing module called "Bleach".

I downloaded the trial of EPS, but all I can do with it is "test" proxies to a limited degree. I can't d/l the list with its limitations.

Wow!  What else do you expect for free?  If you read the information regarding the "pro" version (which costs money) you will note that it has several additional features ... all of which Charon does for free.  :)

I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 10:36:49 AM »
Wow!  What else do you expect for free?  If you read the information regarding the "pro" version (which costs money) you will note that it has several additional features ... all of which Charon does for free.  :)

Yea, I have Rhinos Charon. Its good. I got Accessdiver, proxy hunter, Proxy finder enterprise (which sucks), all the big name ones. I'm just trying to expand my proxy hunting capabilities with new software.

So far I find that the combination  of FPL and Charon are the best. ;)

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:02:38 PM »
Here's a good thing to keep in mind rookie ... when it ain't broke, don't fix it.  How many proxies does a non-scumbag need anyway?

Charon is still the best for analyzing proxies and it's free.  With a little knowledge and some common sense, FPL (the free version) will leech all the proxies necessary.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
Here's a good thing to keep in mind rookie ... when it ain't broke, don't fix it.  How many proxies does a non-scumbag need anyway?

Charon is still the best for analyzing proxies and it's free.  With a little knowledge and some common sense, FPL (the free version) will leech all the proxies necessary.

LOL!!  ;D

Me a rookie?? I take it you really do not know not who I am? I don't know if I should be offended or laughing right now! ;D

I really despise having to prove myself, but if I must,...then I must I suppose. May I introduce myself?? ???

My name is -=Xploitz=- of -=Icefortress=-. -=Rhino=- and I are very, VERY good friends. I was one of the original engineers on Rhinos Charon coding project team, as well as Sentinel's. I am by far a "rookie" by any means..lol

E-mail him yourself and ask if you need.  Or better yet go to
Code: [Select]
http://forums.remote-exploit.org
and see and check on me if any of you must...for yourselves. I am very proficient in the finer arts of cracking and exploiting.  Programs like Accessdiver, Metasploit, Triton, Casecus, Hydra, Nmap, Nessus, The Aircrack suite under Linux, and I am by no means a "Black Hat nor "Scum-Bag" as you may have  tried to suggest. ;) I'm a White-Hat mind you, and in my business I need several "true" anonymous proxies to pentest my clients so-called "secured" networks from far abroad, whether they be wired or wireless. I specialize in WPA/WPA2, WEP, Radius servers, and privilege escalating. ;)

katmando, please do your homework on "noobs" ....lol ....before you decide to insult them or bewilder them in the future. You never know who's on the other side of the screen. ;)

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 09:07:48 PM »
Rhino IS a person friend of mine and it was at my suggestion that Calamity (Charon's original name) was developed in the first place.  I served as one of it's chief contributing beta testers throughout it's entire history of development.  My real name is Lorissa.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
Here's a bit of advice then, if you're not a noobie/rookie don't act and talk like one.

Like I said, I've been out of the business for 5 years. I had "legal" problems.

Your moronic babble about dying proxies and why the free versions of the programs available from this site don't do more for free make you look very ignorant.

For my moronic rants..you sure were quick to agree with my conclusion. ;)

I was only complaining that for the free or "try before you buy" version..it was hard to see what the program is / was actually capable of doing. Short of reverse engineering...it checked and found proxies very well. :)

And, why you can't simply read the descriptions of these programs to determine the differences between them seems a bit odd for someone who supposedly has a background as you've indicated.  Sounds like pure BS to me, but I could careless who you are and what you've supposedly done.

What? You never wanted to know the answer to something without having to research it out for yourself?  ???I admit I was being lazy and wanted the "easy" answer.  ::)

By the way, Rhino IS a person friend of mine and it was at my suggestion that Calamity (Charon's original name) was developed in the first place.  I served as one of it's chief contributing beta testers throughout it's entire history of development.  My real name is Lorissa.

Your real name may be Lorissa, but I don't remember you name on the team. Matter of fact, except for your proxy list at securibox.net thats about the only time I think I've ever heard your name mentioned. And I seriously doubt that you were the major contributing / influencing factor for -=Rhino=- developing and releasing his program for the general public.  ::) Thats as bold of a statement as I have ever heard.

Rather than arguing, we should be welcoming each other. Wouldn't you agree?? Since we were on the same team after all.

katmando

• View Profile
Re: Why there are so many CoDeen proxies?
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 03:22:17 AM »
No, I do not welcome you, I don't like you.  I do not think you are who you claim to be (you certainly haven't demonstrated a level of that kind of intelligence or knowledge).  But, even if you are, it would not matter to me.

Whether you are a friend of Rhino's or not, he will have no problem telling you who I am and what influences I had regarding the development of Charon.  Shortly before he retired, he publicly singled me out and gave me credit.  He and I were moderators at deny.de together.  In fact, it was I who nominated him (and convinced the others) that he would be tremendous asset to the team there. He, of course, was.

What either of us has or hasn't accomplished has nothing to do with our individual abilities, experiences, knowledge and intelligence regarding the programs offered here (and elsewhere), what we know or don't know about proxies, personal security and related issues. I try to let my ability to communicate my knowledge and solve problems speak for me. 

So far you have brought nothing to the table here that is of benefit or value to others, and if you are who you claim to be, you should have.  I, on the otherhand, offer valuable assistance here (and elsewhere)on a daily basis.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »
Whatever.

The only thing you seem to contribute anything to is an argument. Ive read several of your post here and many of them are just flame-fair. So, I'm going to end this battle of wits by yielding to you because you katmando have managed to drag me down to your level of ignorance, and you have beaten me with your vast experience.

I don't care if you like me or not. I'm not here to make friends. It was you who attacked me and my character first lady. But I have proven I'm who I said I was...all you have to do is go to

Code: [Select]
http://forums.remote-exploit.org
and see for yourself. And you WILL see that I am who I claim to be. Like I said earlier lady, do your homework on "noobs" before you decide to insult them or bewilder their intelligence in the future.

By the way...nice signature. It says a LOT about you.  ;D

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »
blah, blah, blah ... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »
blah, blah, blah ... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Such professionalism. No wonder there aren't hardly any members here for very long. You run them all off with your "superior" sarcasm. It's like your on the rag  24/7 or something.

You know, I was considering just leaving and only coming back to get "real support" for my FPL that I bought recently, but now that you want me gone I think I'm gonna stay a little while since I have a new friend to play with.  ;D

Xploitz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
BTW..I see you changed your signature about you gloating on the fact that you've been banned for your mouth @ several forums katmando. Why change it because I pointed it out? Its not something to be proud of.  :P

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 03:29:55 AM »
Go or stay, no one here cares.  And, FYI, we already knew your "friend" and playmate was little.