Author Topic: What to do if proxy address box is empty?  (Read 3027 times)

Aleksandra

• View Profile
What to do if proxy address box is empty?
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:28:06 PM »
I've been having this trouble for a week already, trying to figure out what is wring with my ICQ and Skye, why is the world they are not working? We had a bug or something on the computer, but we fixed the problem, and as soon as we fixed it IM programs would not work.

I tried everything, but nothing worked, kept on saying that the program can not connect. So then I remembered that I had a similar situation before, and a guy came in and fixed it for me, and I remember him doing something with the proxy, but what he was doing I don't know. When I go to Internet options through Control panel, it shows me that all of the boxes are blank, so I thought there should be so numbers there. So I am asking you for help. Could you help me fix the problem?

Thank you all in advance,

Aleksandra :)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What to do if proxy address box is empty?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
It's OK that the proxy address box is empty in your Internet Options dialog. It means you are using a direct connection.
Please also uncheck the "use a proxy server" box.

Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

Aleksandra

• View Profile
Re: What to do if proxy address box is empty?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
Thanks for advice Terry, but my SKype and ICQ refuse to sign in.. :-( I don't know what to do... ICQ says Could not connect to the HTTP tunnel after I ticked automatic connection settings in connection option... :-( Skype sees a connection problem in it too, so I am desperate at this point... h e l p  m e  p l e a s e!  :'(

anything