Author Topic: Using 2 computers on same network - using only one with proxy?  (Read 6701 times)

jacksonhelpme

• View Profile
I have 2 different computers going through a wireless router, currently using the same IP address.  If I use a proxy on one of those computers to be hidden, can anyone see what I do on the other computer that is going through the same router?

Basically I want to view some material not allowed in the house and want to use an elite proxy to do this.  If I am using the computer that I have set up to go through a proxy and someone uses the other computer, not connected through the proxy, to log into a bank account or something, can anyone see this?  Can the proxy server I am using capture anything from the computer that is just connected to the router and then to the internet?  Can the proxy server peeps find the original ip address and begin sniffing for information while I connect on another computer through their proxy server.

I don't want to connect to the proxy upstairs to surf around and have my parents log onto their computer and have their passwords or anything compromised.  Thx.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using 2 computers on same network - using only one with proxy???
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
The another computer does not know which site you visited even though you do not use a proxy.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

jacksonhelpme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »
I wasn't very clear of which computer I was talking about being able to see information.  I know the other computer I have can not see what sites are visited on my computer using a proxy.  I meant can the computer I am connected through with the proxy see what I am doing on the other computer. 

So I connect one of my computers to the proxy.  My other computer is using my ip address assigned by the isp.  Both of my computers are going through the same router.  Can the person that operates the computer with the proxy see my computer that is not using a proxy.  I don't know about the computer connected to the proxy, if the admin that operates that computer can see my original ip address, then gives me the proxy, and then can backtrack to my router or some open port through the proxy connection itself to get information off my second computer. 

Hope that makes sense and sorry for my confusion.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:30:29 PM »
The proxy is a computer too. The proxy knows which site you visited.

Please refer to this post for more information:
http://forum.my-proxy.com/proxy-questions/can-be-proxies-dangerous-for-some-t3291.0.html

jacksonhelpme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
Ok. One last stab at this.  I haven't explained my question very well because I still don't have an answer.  I am going to try to be as explicit as possible.

I have two computers:  Computer A  and  Computer B
Both of these computers are connected to a router that connects to my ISP, let's call that "internetISP" and my ip address when connected is 111.222.333.44 (this is not the real ip address but just for reference in the example.  I know that my ISP, internetISP, is able to log whatever I do through this connection and the ip address, 111.222.333.44 that they have assigned to me.  I am not worried about that.

I then want to use a proxy on Computer A, so in my Firefox browser I go to the settings and connect to a HTTP proxy I found.  Lets say this is ip address 999.888.777.66 on port 8080.  I do not do anything on Computer B.  It is still connected directly to my ISP, internetISP.  I do not connect Computer B to the proxy.

I know that Computer A, connected to the proxy 999.888.777.66 port 8080, can have all traffic logged.  I also know that the admin of the proxy can also see my real ip address of 111.222.333.44 and as you said above can track all the traffic on that ip address for Computer A.

So now I have Computer A connected to the proxy 999.888.777.66:8080 and Computer B is connected directly to my ISP, "internetISP" and is not using a proxy.  Again, I know that my ISP, internetISP, can track whatever I do on both Computer A  and  Computer B.  I also know that Computer A that is connected to the proxy, 999.888.777.66:8080 can be tracked by whoever is running that computer.

My question is when Computer A is connected to the proxy 999.888.777.66:8080, can the admin of that computer also track what is done on Computer B, even though this computer is not connected to the proxy itself.   I know that the admin of the proxy that Computer A is connected to knows my real ip address of 111.222.333.44 and can track whatever is done on that computer while it is connected to the proxy. 

Is there any way that the admin of the proxy can track what is done on Computer B, either thru my real ip address or somehow backtrack through Computer A that is connected to the proxy and possibly get to the router or something like that.  I know port 8080 is open to the admin of the proxy since that is how we are connected. 

Thx.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
The proxy administrator can not know which sites you visited on Computer B.