Author Topic: Undoing patch?  (Read 5692 times)

formalin42

• View Profile
Undoing patch?
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »
Please forgive my spamming but I am terrified.

I ran this: EvID4226Patch223d-en

And then read further down the thread that I may not be able to re-start my computer after that patch!  If I had seen that, I would never have installed the patch.  I'm scared to death now.  Please can somebody tell me how to un-do this patch?  Before something happens and I have to reboot and find out my computer is dead?

I am using Windows XP.  Thank you for any help!

unseen

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Undoing patch?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:25 AM »
says who u wont be able to restart ur computer ?! most ppl on this forum and other forums used that patch and their windows is working fine, i dunno how to unpatch windows manually when that patch creates the backup files.. but u can patch ur windows again and then u will get a box saying that ur windows system file is being alternate or replaced and if u need to restore them, and it'll ask u for windows cd, and then it will be back as it was..

regards

formalin42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
It said that on the page where the link to the patch was:  (http://forum.my-proxy.com/proxy-questions/windows-xp-vista-connection-limit-patch-t2707.0.html)
Only it was down the page and I did not see it right away.

If I ever had a Windows CD with this computer I don't seem to have one now.  I'm such an idiot :(

unseen

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »
i dont think u wont be able to restart ur windows even if this is what it's said..
if u dont have ur windows cd, download an ISO image of windows xpfrom internet and burn it on a cd..
but u can use xp antispy soft.. download it from

Code: [Select]
http://xp-antispy.org

then reset ur connection number (the default windows connection number is 10).. it has a graphical user interface to make it easy for u to use it.. i hope it'll work for u :)

regards

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
You can run the patch again to restore the original settings. But I have to mention that it may not be the problem of the patch that you cannot restart your computer.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

formalin42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
But I have to mention that it may not be the problem of the patch that you cannot restart your computer.

I was worried because it said that a computer might not restart after installing the patch.