Author Topic: trying to use proxies with proxifier please help!  (Read 14704 times)

denisonjd

• View Profile
trying to use proxies with proxifier please help!
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
Hello I just purchased both the professional software version and the monthly subscription via paypal.

I am trying to implement the working socks from the elite proxy checker into the proxifier.com downloadable program. However, I have not been able to get any of the socks to work after entering in the address and then port. How do i know which of your socks from the program are socks version 5? Many of the socks i enter say the port is invalid, and the ones that do pass the port and address criteria time out and I cannot use them. I am trying to get a non USA IP to play online poker so i need it to work via proxifier etc so the software detects the non usa IP.

Regards JD!

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
Re: trying to use proxies with proxifier please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:34:32 PM »
EPS tests socks proxies?  It claims this somewhere?
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

denisonjd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
I think maybe i am confused on my terminology, what is the difference between a socks and a proxy? Should i not have purchased this system if i am looking to use proxifier?

I am looking for Socks version 5 with address and port numbers.

Thanks in advance!

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:10:19 PM »
It is my understand that Proxifier can use any combination of working HTTP, socks4 or socks5 proxies or a chain of them.  So if Proxifer doesn't work for you, perhaps the proxies you are using aren't any good.  I see nothing in the documentation here that indicates to me that EPS test socks proxies.  But maybe I have missed something?

If you are having a problem getting Proxifier to work for you, why would you ask their support team for assistance?
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

denisonjd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
Yes i would say you have "missed something" maybe the TEST button in the menu bar of the elite proxy switcher software program? I have a list of perhaps 100 proxies from the paid subscription which are supposed to be working. However, when i input them into the proxifier program not one of them will work with protocol socks 5 or even protocol socks 4.

Anyone here know what i am doing wrong, or will this program not work for this?

Regards.

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »
Okay I am tired of being polite to you.  EPS does NOT test socks proxies.  How hard is that to understand?  It only tests http proxies.  With proxifier you can use working http proxies, socks4 and socks5 proxies or any combination of them in a proxy chain.  The key word in that sentence is "working".

The only way to really know if an http proxy or socks proxy actually works for you is to attempt to use it in your browser.  If you do not know how to do this, type "how to use proxy in browser" into Google's search box.  Hit your "enter" key and start reading the appropriate links provided.  You understand or is this still too complicated for you?

If you are having problems with Proxifier, contact their support department (http://proxifier.com/support.htm).  How difficult is that for you?

If the proxies you purchased from someplace don't work, contact them about it.

Obviously you purchased EPS without knowing what you were purchasing.  If you wanted to be able to test socks proxies with it, you should have made sure in advance that it has the ability to do so.  I see nothing in the documentation for EPS that claims it has this ability do you?