Author Topic: socks proxy help (2)  (Read 2603 times)

jan

• View Profile
socks proxy help (2)
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
hello all!

Let's make this clear: i read all the tutorials on this side, sockscap and others. Also did i read very carefully  the previous topic's which handled questions about how to use socks5.
Although i tried a lot on myself i can't manage essential problems. Let me explain step by step what i did:
1. got socks with "ASR stocks finder" in a txt-file
2. i opened this file in "New test stocks5". I tested the stocks so i got active ones.
3. next i opened "sockscap 2.40" and read carefully the tutorial of it, which was posted elswhere in this   forum.

NOW the problems arises:

3a. when i 'run socksified!' firefox i got this message: connection was reïnitialised ... So i didnt have a internet connection.
3b. I improvised. I changed my LAN & firefox connection settings with the same proxy-ip. Closed all my browsers again and started "sockscap" again.
3c. I got the same message as in 3a. Also when i socksify firefox, this browser changes automaticly to DIRECT CONNECTION . Although i searched for a solution of this (i.e. save settings) nothing worked. Whenever i tried a proxy my browser connection settings changes automaticly all the time.

Questions:
1. Where and what did i wrong?
2. How to store my manually adjusted connection settings of my firefox browser 1.5.0.12?
3. Any other usefull suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
Re: socks proxy help (2)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »
Questions:

1).  How did you test your list of socks proxies?  What told you they were functional?
2).  How many times did you read the Sockcap tutorial?

If your desire is only to surf the internet with Firefox using a socks proxy, then you really don't need sockscap.  You simply needs working socks proxies that work with your ISP.  It is possible that many of the good socks proxies you find will not work for you because of some restrictions imposed by your ISP.  For example, I cannot use common port socks, and must use non-standard ports.

You are pretty confused.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: socks proxy help (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:23 AM »
When you use Sockscap to launch Firefox, you should use [Direct Connection] in Firefox.
In fact you can use HTTP proxies if you use proxies only for surfing because there are much more HTTP proxies than SOCKS proxies.

[How to set the proxy for your browser]
http://www.my-proxy.com/blog/set-proxy-browsers/
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.