Author Topic: Seriously Stupid Question...  (Read 2121 times)

heysexy569

• View Profile
Seriously Stupid Question...
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
okay, when i was in high school, i was learning about anonymous proxy servers... and all those cool little sites where you can go to bypass the school filter. When i did this, i found a cool little trick about instead of going to the site, i could just put a proxy address in front of the web addy, and BOOM! it would take me straight to the site no questions asked!

since then, i haven't needed to use them (I.E. graduating...) but now i work at a call center where we have a block on EVERY SITE thats even mildly entertaining! And i must say, this one is some advanced hardware... i believe they called it a "white-out" blocker (as opposed to a "black-out") The difference being white-out only ALLOWS certain sites, where black-out BLOCKS sites that you shouldn't be going to. i cant even get to the proxy web site!

so now the problem lies here: i cannot for the life of me remember what i did with that fancy proxy-address-in-web-address thing.

I've tried to change the LAN settings on the computer (blocked to those who aren't ADMIN) I've tried to set up a VPN (CANT figure that one out) and everything else is just... hopeless!

Basically, i was hoping someone out there can help me out here (or if anyone has ever heard about it at all...) If so, it would be much appriciated.

Thanks!
Ridge

P.S. for some reason, SYNTAX is a word that pops into my mind when i try to remember how to do it... (like <?php                ?>  )

dnhazard

• View Profile
Re: Seriously Stupid Question...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:35:50 AM »