Author Topic: SA-MP With Socks  (Read 7158 times)

BrBNeedBeer

• View Profile
SA-MP With Socks
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to run SA:MP(San Andreas Multiplayer) through a Socks Proxy. SA:MP is a mod for GTA:San Andreas that allows multiplayer support in the game.

I've tried Sockscap, Freecap, and Widecap. Sockscap gives an error when I try to launch the program. Widecap and Freecap will work, but I am unable to connect through the proxy. When using Socks4 the program completely ignores the proxy altogether. When using Socks5 I get an infinite ping and cannot connect to the server.

I've tried many different proxies (triple checked with Socks Proxy Checker) and nothing seems to work. I'm able to get Firefox to work with the same proxies no problem and have confirmed the proxy to work at ip-adress.com. I've also tried using nearby proxies with low pings thinking that maybe it was running too slow to get a connection fast enough to the program.

I have a little understanding of how proxies work and don't think that timeout is the issue when there is a 120ms ping to the proxy and my normal ping to the game server is >100ms as the program has a 10 second timeout. Anyone got any ideas here?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SA-MP With Socks
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
I don't know whether it can work, but you can try proxifier.com
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

BrBNeedBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
Doesn't seem to detect the SA:MP application. I got it working through a VPN, but IP's are limited on VPN's and I would like to be able to bounce around like a ping pong ball. Any reason why a program would look right through Socks4 proxies? Is there any reason why firefox, ect. would work through a Socks5 proxy but the program would time out?

BrBNeedBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
 ;D I got it working!!! :P One proxy server out of about 200 works with SA:MP. Do some SOCKS5 not allow UDP or what? I'd like to know why only a few proxies work for this program if you could offer some input.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
In theory all Socks5 proxies should support UDP. But only a few Socks5 proxies support UDP because of the network problem. Our software Socks Proxy Checker Pro can test whether a socks proxy support UDP:
http://www.socksproxychecker.com/#professional
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

anything