Author Topic: Query about really anonymous surfing with proxies.  (Read 5254 times)

samik

• View Profile
Query about really anonymous surfing with proxies.
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »
Hello all,

Well after reading through the various posts across the forum, I have a few question:

1. With socks & high anonymous proxies, you can maintain privacy. But, if i visit site A through such a proxy, then it can be traced from the log of that site that i used a proxy to connect. So a check on the log of the proxy service provider would reveal my real IP address. So how to get around the problem? Is there any proxy service provider which does not maintain logs? Is such service available for free?

2. Why do active proxy lists are updated daily? Does that mean a proxy service which is active today might go down tomorrow? Why does this happen?

These are basic questions, I hope some of the more experienced members of this forum would be ale to clear my doubts.

Thanks & cheers.

Samik.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Query about really anonymous surfing with proxies.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »
1) The only way is to contact the proxy administrator to confirm whether he keeps a log in the server.
2) Why proxies die fast:
http://forum.my-proxy.com/proxy-questions/why-proxies-always-die-quickly-t93.0.html
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

samik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:25:30 AM »
Thanks terry.......i was waiting for your reply.

So practically there is no way to find out whether the proxy available in one of the many lists out there actually keeps logs or not.......

Mystic

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
For pete sake, NO there isn't unless you do as Terry suggested and contact the owner of each proxy server.  I mean think about this for a half a second.  Is there anyway a complete stranger knows if you keep a grocery list on your kitchen counter?

If you're doing something that illegal to actually be concerned about this, then don't do it.

An educated guess is that the overwhelming majority of proxy servers keep logs.  The question IS, do they ever actually look through them?  Answer IS, not likely without sufficient cause and that cause most likely would be because there has been a complaint from someone with enough authority and/or clout to make it happen.

samik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
well i took half a sec........

And I know you are right.

Just wondering.....what happens to the logs once a server goes down forever........??

Mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
They're mailed to your mother so she can deal with you.

tnttct

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »
well what i think is that logging ips is not common with all isp's some do some dont, logging mostly happens in advance counteries  :)

Mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »
Logging is generally part of a proxy server's function, so it IS common place that a log exists.  What isn't known specifically is whether anyone without just cause would bother to look at them.

anything
anything