Author Topic: Proxy shows correct location but wrong time?? Unsecure??  (Read 2034 times)

jacksonhelpme

• View Profile
Proxy shows correct location but wrong time?? Unsecure??
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:39:27 AM »
If I use a proxy that it is in China for instance, I check to make sure it is working correctly by using showmyip.com or whatismyip.com or ipchicken.com or somthing similar.  All of these show that I am coming from an ip address in China, but the problem is that showmyip.com shows me my local time in the UK.  This actually gives my actual location generally.  I know it does not show where I am specifically, but gives up important information.  If someone else can see that they will know I am actually in the UK and not in China and must be using a proxy, even though it is elite according to all the sites I checked above. 

Am I the only that can see this since I checked it from my computer or are tags of some sort left when I surf or send an email that would also give up this information.  How do I have it believe that I am in China in all respects. 

Also, are there any other good sites other than those above to check what others might see about my computer.  Thx.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Proxy shows correct location but wrong time?? Unsecure??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:35:11 PM »
You can change your local time to be more "secure". But most sites won't check the local time of the visitors.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

anything