Author Topic: Problem with Internet Filter  (Read 2057 times)

fUb4R

• View Profile
Problem with Internet Filter
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:11:07 AM »
Hello folks,

at the moment I am staying in New Zealand doing an internship at the university. I have access to the university network.
The problem is that the university filters some websites containing violent stuff (like some shooting games) or "adult entertainment".
The first time I used some free proxy via an firefox tool (Foxyproxy) to get access to these sites anyway. In fact the whole university does^^.
I don't know what happened but since some days FoxyProxy doesn't work for me anymore.

The strange thing is that I can get access via webproxy (like hidemyass.com) but it's very slow.

I dont really know how the filter recognises the site when I use the proxy server but not when I use hidemyass. Maybe its because hidemyass encodes website to another system? Or does it use any other system than proxy server.

Please can you help me? I am not able to get another (private) internet provider because I live at the university.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Internet Filter
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
It's because web proxy can encrypt the url to bypass the Internet filter. We have a similar web proxy as hidemyass to unblock websites. You can also try our software My IP Hide to open blocked websites.

Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

gavind

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Internet Filter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Hi fUb4R, any notes if the work around worked and unblocked the site yet?
If all else fail, use brute force.

anything