Author Topic: Is it better to run the list 2 or 3 times to make sure it's really anon?  (Read 3340 times)

afeldm1

• View Profile
Hi everyone-
I am new to this forum and had some questions-I tried looking around for some answers but couldn't find any out there.

First off-does the bleach feature in FPL work as well as the charon and/or the accessdiver  to make sure that the proxies are really anon?

Is it better to run the list 2 or 3 times to make sure it's really anon? 

The reason I ask is because I will get all the anon proxies from FPL, then bleach them and then run them through charon (which will eliminate a good bunch of them) and then I will take those and run them through accessdivers confidential test and I'm left with about 20 out of 800 that I got from FPL...does that make sense or does it sound like I have some settings that are off in any of those programs??

And what is the difference between running the anon test in those 3 programs (for example)   The reason I ask is because I want to input anon proxies in the accessdiver and have them work but never know which anon filtering process is the best-

Also I'm pretty familiar with the idea that an anon proxy doesn't stay anon for a very long time but does it make sense that the more times I run proxies through testing-the more will be lost?  (I"m not talking about a day later....I'm talking about running 2 tests 10 mins apart from each other and losing 20-30 proxies after the 2nd test)

Also I'm a little confused about the proxy judge ping option things in charon (to be specific)  I just tested all of them, removed the bad ones and then moved all the judges up top and use all of them everytime I do a test...is that wrong?

As you can see I'm very confused about all of these things....FYI...I'm not running any router or anything...my cable is plugged straight into the wall....(I don't know if that makes a difference with the external proxy judge or not.....

I see Terry is pretty much the resident expert with these issues along with some others....Can you guys help out a newbie??

Thanks

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is it better to run the list 2 or 3 times to make sure it's really anon?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
I don't think it's better to run the list 2 or 3 times to make sure it's really anon. Every time you test them, some good proxies may timeout because they are too busy or your network is too busy. So if you try to test the timeout list again, you will find some of them are good.

Moveover, it will make proxies die faster if we test them over and over.
(Why proxies always die quickly: http://www.my-proxy.com/blog/working-proxy-live-shortly/)

Last, you should test the proxies just before you use them if you can't allow any non-anonymous proxies.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

anything