Author Topic: a few proxy questions from newb  (Read 5621 times)

MZ

• View Profile
a few proxy questions from newb
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »
hi i am sure you are bored fielding questions by now terry, i have read through a bunch of the stuff here, just wondering a few things:
Do i need the forum proxy leecher to be able to get a hold of all the current proxies or if i just get Elite Proxy Switcher, will that also aggregate the same list. Do I need the two or do they do separate things. presumably the EPS is more geared for checking, and managing proxies.

If i just come to this site and check the recent posts, do i get the same proxies as i would with the two apps?

Also, who puts out these proxies (what's in it for them?) and why are they taken down so quickly ? If I am using one and it is taken down, is then my real IP revealed or does the browser just quit ?

Presumably, you hope people will try the free version and then pay for the full to avail of the extra features. is this the only incentive for you guys to put this out (sorry if i am being too brash). I have been wanting to use proxies for ages but have been to confused about them. thanks for all the info here.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: a few questions about proxy
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »
Forum Proxy Leecher (FPL) is for advanced proxy users who need a great amount of proxies, while Elite Proxy Switcher (EPS) is for the proxy users who only need a small proxy list.

FPL focus on finding the proxies while EPS focus on testing and using the proxies.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: a few questions from newb
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »
Re: If i just come to this site and check the recent posts, do i get the same proxies as i would with the two apps?
No.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: a few proxy questions from newb
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Why proxies always die quickly:
http://forum.my-proxy.com/proxy-questions/why-proxies-always-die-quickly-t93.0.html

Re :If I am using one and it is taken down, is then my real IP revealed or does the browser just quit?
No, only transparent proxies will reveal your real IP.

* High Anonymous Proxy (Level 1): The web server can't detect whether you are using a proxy by the information your browser sent.
* Anonymous Proxy (Level 2): The web server knows that you are probably using a proxy, but it can't detect your real IP.
* Transparent Proxy (Level 3): The web server knows that you are using a proxy and it can also detect your real IP address.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
Yes, we provide the free version of FPL and EPS so that users can know clearly whether our software is suitable for them by trying it for free.
Moreover there is no time limit in the free versions. If you don't use the advanced functions, you can just use the free version.

MZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:38:04 AM »
Thanks terry !!
I am very grateful to you for taking the time to field my questions. i just have one left unanswered, if you want to:

what sort of person makes these proxies and what's in it for them to release them ?

anything
anything