Author Topic: Charon is reporting all the proxies as bad  (Read 6527 times)

Dimethyl

• View Profile
Charon is reporting all the proxies as bad
« on: May 16, 2006, 10:12:09 PM »
Using Charon v.06, i checked all my judges to make sure they were running fast (using the internal supplied judges, i got about 10 of em running under 100 ping). i can take any of the supplied proxy lists in the anonymous or high anonymous forum and it will say that they all are bad. its running 30 threads at 20 timeout (is that ms or seconds?), and im not sure what else i can change. Peerguardian is disabled and i dont have any other firewalls except for my router, but thats never interfered with using proxies before. I disabled all my bandwidth sucking programs.

Any idea on why these proxy programs never seem to work for me?

btw, great site, its been a bitch finding a place that freely releases proxy lists.

Dimethyl

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:12:47 PM »
oops meant charon v.6

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »
It's actually v0.6

Under Connect Options/Proxy Judge which radio button do you have ticked?  My guess is you are using the default setting of Use Internal Judge on proxy port.  Obviously this isn't working for you, so select Use External Judges.  The proxyjudges aren't used when you are using the Internal judge 'cuz they are External.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

switch

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
also peerguardian is for filesharing like limewire and others

switch

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »
to add, lower your timeouts to 12 :) plenty of faster anons to do the job. most likely slowly than 12 and they are dead. speeds up your scanning then

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
@ Dimethyl - My answer is all you need at this point.  If you have further questions regarding this matter respond again.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

anything