Author Topic: confused. looking for proxy solution for rented vps  (Read 2965 times)

b0nkers

• View Profile
confused. looking for proxy solution for rented vps
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
hello,

i have a vps that runs a perl scraping script on a dialy basis. is there any way to protect the ip? what other ways could i lower the risk of ip ban? if the script runs daily on a cron job... does it really matter if they know the ip or not if they pick up the pattern?

i'm not doing anything devious, the information i gather is not published or used for any other reason than my personal education of a retail industry. it's just easier than manually entering the information...which would be impossible.

is there some kind of line you shouldn't cross before you earn the attention of their admins and risk questioning or ban?

the only info i've found so far is how to run a proxy from your personal browser. i have no idea if it's possible to set something up for a cript running on a rented vps.

thanks!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: confused. looking for proxy solution for rented vps
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:12:01 PM »
You can search "how to setup a proxy on Linux/Windows" on Google.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

b0nkers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
thanks. i've done that for hours and couldn't find anything i understand or that relates. this is why i googled for forums instead

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »
If you know how to setup a PHP website, you can try glype. If you are familiar with Linux, you can try Squid. If you are using Windows VPS, you can try Wingate or CCProxy.

But it may be too complex for you if you are not an technician.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.