Author Topic: none of my proxy programs works in Vista  (Read 4378 times)

spooky24

• View Profile
none of my proxy programs works in Vista
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
I was sent service pack 2 for Vista Ultimate and now none of my proxy programs work right. It is also combined with Nortons 360
If anyone has had this problem or knows a quick fix I could use it as I'm so pressed for time right now.

spook

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:32:17 PM »
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

Orion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
Vista SP-2 is beta. You should remove it and wait for the public release and I personally like to wait a month or so longer to see just how much complaining there is about the pack. MS is famous for releasing fixes for their service/fix packs and truth be told Tech Net and beta testers actually get a list of the known bugs in the service packs. MS knows there are bugs in these packs but feel the benefit realized from the security updates and code fixes outweighs the bugs. Or at least it appears that is the criteria they use to determine when the pack is good enough for public consumption. I hope this helps.
Orion

Orion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
You could also check out this article. http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/02/17/download-vista-tcpipsys-and-uac-auto-patcher-to-increase-tcp-connection-limit/ I don't know about you but I found it easier to understand with more versions of the patch and I found the instructions easier to follow. No offense to the existing article and the patches themselves appear to be from the same creator, I just found it easier to follow. It could be the combination of the Steelers vs. Titans game and a few beers too. LOL. Anyway I hope this helps someone coming along behind us.

I was also going to add I'm not interested in booting my vista ultimate install into driver signature mode every time either so I may just live with the ten thread limit and start bugging MS about making it adjustable by machine admins. I was not aware of this previously and feel this is a really intrusive action on their part and it needs to be corrected. Now I just have to get someone at MS to agree. LOL. Good luck to all and thanks for letting me ramble.
Orion

anything