Author Topic: new free tool to test proxies  (Read 3098 times)

chammer000

• View Profile
new free tool to test proxies
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
Hello

Often when I tried to use proxies here I got some bad surprises. In some cases the proxies were very slow (too much people use it at the same time), some times it's a proxy from a company which requires a password that I don't have, sometimes there are other problems, but it seems that even if some tools can test the existence of a proxy they don't test   necessarily if a page is fetched correctly. I spent the whole day to write a tool in php, it's still primitive but it seems to work well for me. the criteria is restrictive, it retrieves a page and checks if the correct string that I expect is there.
The tool is here:

Code: [Select]
http://www.expertdataminer.com/test/testing_proxies.php
Consider it as a beta version. I had to put a limit if too many people try to use it at the same time because I do not know if the server will support the load. So for the moment only 10 process can run in parallel, otherwise the request is refused. I'll see in a few days if I can take the risk to increase this limit and what I can do to make it faster; my own estimation is 2,000 proxies verified within an hour but that's a rough guess. The results are sent by email.

anything