Author Topic: Need Help/Advice with The Difference Between Proxy and IP?  (Read 2194 times)

Estefania

• View Profile
Need Help/Advice with The Difference Between Proxy and IP?
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
Hello everyone,
(I hope is ok to post this here, if not, please forgive me)

Here's the thing....
I need to know the difference between IP changing and / or using proxy.  which is most convenient and safe?

My situation is...
I want to access a specific site to post a car I have for sale, but this site refuses to show my post.. (don't know why but I've never posted anything there before)..
A friend of mine told me to use a different IP or use proxy and that will fix the problem.

So my questions are:

I share IP connection with my roommate.
My roommate has DSL lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net (don't know what that means)
He (roommate) never disconnects from the internet, he's got some type of sophisticated equipment and needs the IP connection 24/7
We both have different computers but same IP

I want to change my IP once every couple of days ONLY for a few seconds just to post the ad on the specific site mentioned above and then switch back to my regular IP right away.

Q) How do I change my IP?
Q) If I change my IP, will this affect my roommate's IP connection or System in any way?
Q) If I use Proxy, will this affect my roommate's connection/browsing/system as well? If not,.....
Q) How do I use proxy and then switch it back to the IP regularly?

I don't even want my roommate to get involved in what I'm doing because I do not want to mess anything up for him, as this is HIS IPl, that's why I need to know all of this first to make a decision.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks so much!!!

Estefania

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help/Advice with The Difference Between Proxy and IP?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
1) You can use our software EPS to change your IP:
http://www.eliteproxyswitcher.com

2) It won't change your roommate's IP.
3) It won't affect your roommate's connection/browsing/system.
4) Click the EPS menu Switch -> Use direct connection
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

anything