Author Topic: many programs to test proxies with different result!!!  (Read 11683 times)

ZERO

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
many programs to test proxies with different result!!!
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »
hi friends, I saw much programs in the net about proxies, I tested some of them, each one gives me different result ( I don't speack about time out)
exp: first program gives me 99 anonym proxies and after testing them again with another one, he gives 133 and ............
why, what is different ?
is it proxy judges who make different ?
thanks

charlybarilo

• View Profile
Re: many programs to test proxies with different result!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »
QUISIERA por favor que me escriban en espaƱol ......mil gracias por aceptarme.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »
sorry I can't try translate

Lo siento no puedo, intentar traducir

http://www.google.es/language_tools?hl=es

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:36 PM »
You need to think about your questions a bit more before actually asking them.

In order to answer your questions regarding the differences in proxy testing software, proxyjudges and reasons for possible differences in results, you should have provided the names and version numbers of the software you are talking about, the proxyjudges you used, as well as the list of proxies you tested, and your operating system (and version).  You should have also indicated the differences in times of your tests.

Keep in mind that proxies can be working one minute and not the next for a variety of reasons.  They can likewise be anonymous one minute and transparent (non-anonymous) the next.

PS - The message from charlybarilo makes no sense at all in reference to your questions, so simply ignore it.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:10:16 PM »
If one program says a proxy is anonymous and another says not, using the same proxyjudge. You can check it manually. Use the controversial proxy to surf the proxyjudge. If you can see your real IP on the page, it is not anonymous.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

ZERO

• View Profile
Re: many programs to test proxies with different result!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 03:24:52 AM »
thanks friends,

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 03:38:31 AM »
I understand, that only proxy judge determine whos anonym and no anonym,
in charon program you can test the good  and faster proxy judge, (each time the links can be changed), your faster proxy judge (ping) gives you what?
faster proxy judge gives you many good proxie and few time out
lower proxy judge gives you many time out and few good proxie
is correct? or can gives many other think
thanks

---------------------
You need to think about your questions a bit more before actually asking them.
sorry katmando, I don't speack very well english, I try to understand and write  :-\

stars1234

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
I use Charon with Win98 (I know, update my OS) and get different results from various proxy judges.  It all has to do with the route.  You can check that by taking a few proxies you know are good, test them with an online judge that is some distance from you.

I am in the USA,  so I'd use something like freeproxy.ru's checker. It will give me entirely different results as using a judge that is show by Charon to be fast.

The best way to get consistent results is to let your own system act as a proxy judge.

Question I have:  just as with proxies, the route to a proxy judge will change according to web traffic, the phase of the moon, how many leaves fell off a tree...

In general what is better, will be more accurate: to use a fast judge, or a close one?

For example: Charon's proxy judge checker shows some judges with speeds of 50/60 (the fastest); while others are at >110 or even 200.   

When looked at with a traceroute though, I see the fast judges are at 20 hops from me, while the ones that are slower are only 7 or 8 hops away.

It seems to me that a judge, even though faster, if it is many more hops away, will have more opportunity for route changes, thus  give inconsistent results compared to a proxy that is less likely to have route changes to it.

What do you think?   

For accuracy is it better to use a fast judge, with more hops; or a slower one that is on an internet path, just around the corner?

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 02:35:56 PM »
THANKS stars1234 ,
when you  said ( The best way to get consistent results is to let your own system act as a proxy judge.) I put the proxy in my browser?

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »
No, he most likely meant that when using Charon, the program by default would use an internal proxyjudge unless you switch (change) it to use an external judge(s).  Problem is, an overwhelming majority of people attempting to use Charon's internal proxyjudge can't for a variety of reasons.

Testing your selected proxy in your browser against a reliable proxyjudge is truly the best method, but for those in need of multiple proxies this becomes a time consuming task.

stars1234 - You are wrong on several fronts.

Online proxy checkers, regardless of their location, are a very poor standard for allocating reliability to their findings.  Why?  Because as a general rule online checkers do not actually test your proxies when submitted unless they have not been checked previously within a certain time frame.  For the sake of this discussion we will say ... every 6 hours.  So, if the proxy has was found to be transparent within that time frame, the results it will give you will be "transparent".  Obviously the same holds true for proxies that were previously found to be anonymous.  However, we all know (or at least most of us do) that the status of a proxy can change momentarily.  A proxy that was anonymous 6 hours ago (or better stated, one minute ago) could now be transparent (non-anonymous).

You are trying to be too analytical without enough knowledge and therefore are greatly confusing the issues here.  Very few people care about all the details, they just want a simple method which will produce an acceptable level of reliable and accurate results.  That can differ greatly between different users needs and desires.  Some simply want to surf behind a proxy, some want the ability to post messages in very forums anonymously, some wish to do illegal things anonymously, etc., etc., etc.

If you are using Charon (a good choice) to test your proxies against a reliable AZenv proxyjudge, then you are more than half way home (providing you have read the tutorials for it and can understand what you have read without question).

Please do not confuse the issue of proxyjudge location versus proxy location and the importance of same.  Charon's proxyjudge "ping" rating certainly should be used as "one factor" in determining which judge to use, but it definitely isn't the only one.  It is highly recommended that people stop using "cgi" proxyjudges because as compared to AZenv judges they are much less unreliable and accurate.  Yet, "cgi" judges as a general rule will have a substantially lower ping rating.  So making statements such as yours mislead noobies and the less knowledgeable who read it.

Another thing, you need to do more reading regarding ping rates, tracer routes, hops, etc.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 12:38:08 PM »
thanks katmando

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 03:43:07 AM »
If one program says a proxy is anonymous and another says not, using the same proxyjudge. You can check it manually. Use the controversial proxy to surf the proxyjudge. If you can see your real IP on the page, it is not anonymous.

again ,my friend  :-\
please tell me, can proxy changes, anonym and after become no anonym
I tested some proxies with same program and few minute later I tested again and it gave me another result

thanks

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
Geez Zero, I have told you above that proxies can be anonymous one minute and transparent (not anonymous) the next.  They can work o0ne minute and be dead the next.  Why can't you understand this?

However, just to make sure you are testing properly, what judges do you use?  List them here please.  Remember, popular proxyjudges can become overloaded by use and when that happens they can give out inaccurate results.  When testing results appear to be strange or unusual, simply re-test your proxy list with another (hopefully) reliable judge.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 08:42:07 PM »
please tell me, can proxy changes, anonymous and after become non-anonymous

It all depends on the proxy administrator. If he likes, he can change the anonymity of proxy from time to time.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 03:11:53 AM »
please tell me, can proxy changes, anonymous and after become non-anonymous

It all depends on the proxy administrator. If he likes, he can change the anonymity of proxy from time to time.

What I wanted to know  :)
thanks Terry

, popular proxyjudges can become overloaded by use and when that happens they can give out inaccurate results.  When testing results appear to be strange or unusual, simply re-test your proxy list with another (hopefully) reliable judge.

thanks katmando for this info about proxyjudges

------
Geez Zero, I have told you .......
sometimes I don't understand the answer very well, because english is not my language

-----
each day, I understand a new about proxy, thanks guys