Author Topic: Internet forum automatically bans me once I register, what to do?  (Read 3260 times)

mark_ey

• View Profile
How do I get around this? I've used all kinds of proxies from transparant to elite and they still can't bypass the forums registration.

I sign up for the forum, they send me an activation email and when I click the activation email I am automatically banned from the forums.

Is this some sort of new way to stop people from registering? I'll be honest I got banned from the forum and I'm trying to register again but no matter what I do it won't let me in.

It's getting annoying, not even a proxy does the job. They must have something else logged or they can see past the proxy.

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Internet forum automatically bans me once I register, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:04:20 AM »
Well, there are several things they could be seeing.  People get banned from sites for many reasons, so I won't completely help you with this but ever heard of cookies?  Any chance you didn't remove the cookie for this site before trying to register again using a proxy?

Also, because you apparently are clueless, using a transparent proxy doesn't hide your real IP Address.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

mark_ey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »
Well, there are several things they could be seeing.  People get banned from sites for many reasons, so I won't completely help you with this but ever heard of cookies?  Any chance you didn't remove the cookie for this site before trying to register again using a proxy?

Also, because you apparently are clueless, using a transparent proxy doesn't hide your real IP Address.

I'm not clueless pal, I know transparent proxies don't hide your real ip address hence the name transparent and I've tried clearing my cookies, that was the first thing I did.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 11:03:50 PM »
If you changed your IP (using an elite proxy), username, email (as well as the email domain) and deleted the cookies, I wouldn't identify you in this forum...

Maybe they ban all the free email addresses such as @yahoo.com and @gmail.com or ban all the users from some country.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

anything
anything