Author Topic: Installing proxies on dedicated servers  (Read 2303 times)

eycel

• View Profile
Installing proxies on dedicated servers
« on: February 26, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
I was looking into FDC servers , they have all kinds of differnet packages for different servers. Iv seen alot of proxys that are doing well being hosted on there dedicated packages...I wanted to know what is required to install a web proxy on a dedicated server...All Iv done so far with all my sites proxys and others just use hosting packages with webhosts...can any one with dedicated servers give me some type of tutorial or how to on what its like seting it up?  Just a brief overview of it would be nice..On the dedicated server I want there is no cpanel, or operation system that I know of either so how does that work?  Thanks  ???

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Installing proxies on dedicated servers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
Web proxy usually uses a lot of resource of the server so most shared web hosting provider won't allow it. You'd better use a dedicated server if you want to run a web proxy site.

You can use remote control software (such as SSH) to manage your dedicated server. You usually need to use command line to operate a Linux server.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

eycel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »
I know what ssh is...but what does that have to do with a dedicated server?  I'm running ubunto right now on my laptop...like for instance can you control name servers with ssh?  I have secure shell on one of my webhosts, but it seems a bit complicated without going through the hole spheel of learning all the commands and doing all that...isn't there an easier way that has a user interface?  I like cpanel cept it cost 40 a month to even use it which i didn't know about till today...Thank for the reply!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
Please consult the dedicated server provider whether they have a CPanel or something else to manage the websites.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.