Author Topic: How to setup a program to use both HTTP and Socks Proxies  (Read 3527 times)

hfhc

• View Profile
How to setup a program to use both HTTP and Socks Proxies
« on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »
I have a program that uses both Http and Socks. It does have an option to route itself thru a proxy, but you must choose one type only ( Http or socks ) even though it requires both types to work properly.

Is there a way to set up a proxy system that routes all HTTP requests to an anon HTTP proxy server, and all Socks request to an anon Socks Proxy Server (Two different Anon Proxy Servers for the same application)?

Can I have my entire system routed that way? ( not my preferred method. I'd rather just re-route this one application ).

I have several Proxy programs to work with already ( Complete Anonymous Internet, ProxyWay, etc )

Thanks....

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »
If you just want to surf anonymously, you can just use an anonymous HTTP proxy.
You can set it in your browser.

You can do many things with socks proxies such as FTP, IRC and games as well as surfing(HTTP).
You can use sockscap to enable a program support socks proxy.

Sockscap tutorial:
http://www.socksproxychecker.com/sockscap.html
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

hfhc

• View Profile
Doesn't seem to work
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »
The program is a Bittorrent Client ( they're all about the same ).  It connects to the tracker page via HTTP, and connects to peers via Socks ( I believe, anyway ).  When I enable the Socks proxy, it does fine connecting to the tracker and shows peers are available, but doesn't actually connect to any.  If I disable the Proxy for a few minutes, it quickly connects to the peers fine, and if I then re-enable the proxy, it will continue to stay connected to those peers, but not connect to any new peers.  Eventually the connected peers drop off and no new ones get connected ( over 15-20 minutes).  Is it something with my router config or certain ports need to be opened?

Any ideas?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 04:19:50 AM »
Then you can try Sockscap with Socks proxies and disable the proxy function of your Bittorrent Client.
Socks proxies do support HTTP too.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.