Author Topic: How to keep "internal" or "LAN" IP (same as real IP) from being detected  (Read 6820 times)

lisaleigh42

• View Profile
Hi, I have been to several sites that run tests on IP's, trying to make sure my "real IP" can't be detected.  But while initially, they all show the IP of the proxy I'm using, some offer more in depth tests (such as a javascript IP test), as well as the site What Is My IP itself can see both the IP of the proxy and also the "LAN" IP, which is my "Real IP" and shows my true location. 

I've been using only US level 1 proxies with https, no gateway, no dangerous, no codeen.  My OS is XP SP2.  I checked the LAN settings and see that the place to enter proxy info has already been set to the correct proxy address.

How do I keep the LAN from showing the true IP? ???

I would sure appreciate it if anyone knows how to fix this?
Thanks much! :)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Did you test your IP on whatismyipaddress.com? I just tested that site, it can not detect my real IP if I use an anonymous proxy.

You can also test your IP on our page:
http://info.my-proxy.com
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

lisaleigh42

• View Profile
Hi, thanks for your reply.  I have tested on both sites mentioned.  My mistake though regarding a particular site - the one that always shows "internal" LAN IP - I had meant:

whatsmyip.org. I've only tried higly anonymous (Level 1) and while on the sites you mentioned they don't show my "real" or "internal" / LAN, whatsmyip.org does every time.  They have a list on the left of different functions of the site, and under "More info on you", is where it will show a map of where the proxy is located.  Then there is a list of a bunch of stuff under that.  The first three things listed are: 

Hostname: [IP of proxy]

No Proxy or Invisible Proxy   

Internal LAN: [my real IP] ???

I figure that even though not all testing sites show my "real" IP, if one site shows it, then it is probably not the only website in the whole Internet that is capable of this.  That's why I tested in many places.  So, I'm wondering how to "hide" or change what it says for Internal LAN.   Or is it possible?

Thanks again Terry.

os2wiz

• View Profile
Greetings,

I'm new to this forum, but found this thread right away.  I, too, am experiencing what lisaleigh42 has seen.  On whatismyipaddress.com, The banner at the top of the page screams my real IP, even though in red it states, "Proxy Server Detected".  The proxy ID is filled in automatically in the "more info" box.

This does not seem to happen when I use a different IP (my daughter's, next door).  All of the proxies I tested were also Level 1.  Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks so much for your support.

Cheers,
Z.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep "internal" or "LAN" IP (same as real IP) from being detected
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
I just tested this URL:
Code: [Select]
http://www.whatsmyip.org/more/
It uses a Java application to detect the "Internal (LAN) IP". You can disable Java in your browser to prevent it detecting your real IP.

How to disable Java in Internet Explorer 5.x and Above:
    * Go to “Tools | Internet Options…” from the main menu
    * Change to the “Security” tab
    * Click “Custom Level…” button
    * Select “Disable Java” under “Java VM”
    * Restart the browser

You can also disable the ActiveX and .Net options to improve the security further.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

os2wiz

• View Profile
Re: How to keep "internal" or "LAN" IP (same as real IP) from being detected
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
Thanks!  I'll give that a try!
Cheers,
Z.