Author Topic: how to configure programs under proxy?  (Read 10830 times)

finefish

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
how to configure programs under proxy?
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:56:55 AM »
I'm not sure izzit i post it to wrong spot but I'm really a newbie to deal with a proxy...

hello guys, here is a problem coming to me and I can't figure it out... please to lent me a hand

my OS: windows vista home basic

problem:
When I try to play around with all the services (such as msn, updates and BT, etc.) it work well without a proxy. For now, cause of some reason I must stay the connection under a proxy and everything need to configure again,
Now what I done are only the IE and firefox connections, but some other services (such as msn, updates and BT, etc.) are not working... because some of them never provide any proxy configuration (I think those may expect user direct connect to Internet), and also some of it do not work after configuration. How can i configure and use them? Can anybody give me a solution?

Thanks,

P/S: I'm sure all the key ports are available

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to configure programs under proxy?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:32 PM »
MSN uses the proxy settings of IE.
Updates may use the proxy settings of IE.
BT software may not support HTTP proxies.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:29:09 AM »
First to thanks for your kindly reply. I did it in IE but it still not working, am I taken the wrong way? or something I miss to touch?

my way to do it:
Tools >> connections >> LAN setting >> checked "use a proxy server for your LAN (These...)" >>> key in my proxy address and port: 80 >> checked "Bypass proxy server for local address"

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:35:42 AM »
under the Advanced setting in LAN,
  HTTP, secure, FTP are taking the same address and they are also port 80, blank setting for SOCKS
checked "Use the same proxy server for all protocols"

I'm not sure is this helpful or not, but i try to post it for any reference :)

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:31 AM »
Questions:

1).  How are you determining that the proxy you are attempting to use is operational?

2).  Have you taken into consideration that not all ISPs, especially cable connections, allow you to use port 80 or any common port proxy?
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:33:54 AM »
Questions:

1).  How are you determining that the proxy you are attempting to use is operational?

my roommate, access to the same proxy but his computer is working... when i tried the same way, mine is not working. This problem occur to many of others (who using the same proxy) as well, not only me facing that.

2).  Have you taken into consideration that not all ISPs, especially cable connections, allow you to use port 80 or any common port proxy?

Because of many of the people tried to access through the same proxy, some of them can but not for all. So that I guess everything should be fine, but the computer setting...

I'm not sure is it the windows problem, most of the people who success to gain full access are Windows XP (there are still somebody with XP but not working). About Vista, since now I haven't seen anybody gain full access from the proxy...

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »
How to set the proxy for your browser:
http://www.my-proxy.com/blog/set-proxy-browsers/

Here is our software that can help you to set the proxy for your browser:
http://www.eliteproxyswitcher.com/

I recommend that you test the proxies before using them.

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »
thanks for your knidly reply
<-- I done these ways, my browsers are working

my proxy testing result:
5 ports ready, other all "good". No 1 blocked

But it still the same, all other programs related to Internet (not include browsers) are not working... can please to give me some suggestion or solution?

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 04:07:34 AM »
Because of many of the people tried to access through the same proxy, some of them can but not for all. So that I guess everything should be fine, but the computer setting...

I'm not sure is it the windows problem, most of the people who success to gain full access are Windows XP (there are still somebody with XP but not working). About Vista, since now I haven't seen anybody gain full access from the proxy...

First of all, you can try to use the "Quote" button.

Secondly, you haven't a clue on how to test a proxy to see if it is actually working and anonymous ... and therein is your biggest problem!  You cannot use a non-working, non-anonymous proxy to gain access to any site.

How do you know that other people are using a particular proxy to gain access to any site?  On whose authority do you make this statement?  And, how do you know what system these people are using?  Are you drunk?  Your statements appear to make you seem drunk, because very little of what you say here makes any sense at all.  For example:

<-- I done these ways, my browsers are working

my proxy testing result:
5 ports ready, other all "good". No 1 blocked

But it still the same, all other programs related to Internet (not include browsers) are not working... can please to give me some suggestion or solution?

For pete sake, any of your above comments actually make any sense to you?

Entering a proxy into your browser (even if it is correctly configured, working, and anonymous) would have absolutely nothing to do with "all other programs related to Internet" (whatever that means).  In nearly all cases, you must configure each different program that connects directly to the internet to use a proxy.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »
all other programs are not working...

Please search there phrase in Google:
Code: [Select]
how to use proxy in MSN
how to use proxy in BitTorrent
how to use proxy in [your other programs]

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:13:52 PM »
hmmm... I seeing a proxy... (I did tried to search net and followed all the setting... too bad still noy working (trying MSN))
under the MSN >> connect
SOCKS: success
HTTP: success
but it list there this message:
"You are currently not connected to .NET Messenger Service"

"You are connected to the internet through wired network"

hmmm.... how to post image in this forum? can somebody or administrator tell me, please? Cause I'm would lke to show some screen shot... sometime it hard to explain in words.

anyway, thanks for your kindly reply :)

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »
and, >>> katmando, IF YOU NOT GOING TO SEND A REPLY AND YOU CAN JUST SKIP IT, I'M NOT HAPPY TO LET OTHER PEOPLE REPLY ME BY ANY RESPECT-LESS WORDS, YOU DUDE!! WTH

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 09:24:17 PM »
Your latest comment is a continuing example demonstrating your complete lack of knowledge and intelligence.  It makes no sense whatsoever! 

finefish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
So what? since I start to post it, I already saying that I'm a newbie on it. SO? you blind? dude

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 01:07:15 PM »
Not blind and not a dude!  However, if you can't express yourself in a manner that makes any sense to those of us who could most likely assist you, what do you expect to gain my posting your ignorant ramblings?