Author Topic: EPS Question  (Read 6962 times)

Tracer-Bullet

• View Profile
EPS Question
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:14:01 AM »
Hello,

This isn't a request for technical support but instead just to get some questions answered as a potential customer. The proxy servers I need to be using must be Level 2/3, not be PlanetLab or CoDeen and fast enough so they are actually useable. But out of a 1000 for example, how many proxy servers do you reckon I could get out of that, that meets my requirements?

I don't want to purchase EPS and find that all the proxies it provides are useless to me.

Cheers,
~Tracer

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
Re: EPS Question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
Hmmm, that's very interesting.  You claim you need anonymous (L2) and transparent (L3) proxies.  You are confused perhaps?  Some reason you don't want the best proxies ... which would be high anonymous (L1)?  EPS pro version gives you a way to eliminate Planetlab/CoDeeN proxies ... which shouldn't be classified as high anonymous without an asterisk anyway.

On average, after excluding any Planetlab/CoDeeN and so-called "dangerous" proxies, if you are leeching from freshly posted proxy lists where the poster knows how to tests proxies and has actually tested them and eliminated the dead before posting, you should get maybe 50-100 working.  To make myself clear, working does not necessarily mean anonymous.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:58 AM »
And by the way, the reason the free version of EPS is offered is so that you can determine if it fills your needs before making the purchase.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Tracer-Bullet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
Ah yeah, my bad Kat. I meant L1/2.

I'm not an expert on proxies but I know enough, it's just so many programs claim to have 1000's of proxies and only about 10 work, know what I mean?

I was also planning on using the EPS lists you can buy if that makes any difference at all?

Thanks,
~Tracer

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
Of course I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist pulling your chain a bit.  ;)

I'll let Terry answer your question about the quality of the lists available here.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »
There are about 80 L1/L2 non-CoDeen proxies in today's 6K proxy list:
http://www.eliteproxyswitcher.com/subs.php
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »
Come again?  80 out of 6,000?

anything