Author Topic: Desperately need help, (banned from proxies?)  (Read 5481 times)

Jasonwooxby

• View Profile
Desperately need help, (banned from proxies?)
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »
Hello,

Here is my problem: I have a website, which I'm planing on selling, unfortunately all the stats for the website are lost. (the amount of visitors, clicks, Unique visitors, referrals, etc.) So I need to get the amount of visitors up again, and I can't just keep click the link to my website or keep refreshing the page, because my IP is the same, so no matter how many times I visit my page in a day, it'll count as only one hit. So I need some kind of a program that will use proxies and will enable me to visit my website 1000s of times, each time using a different IP so that the hits are counted more than once.

I have been using web proxies, which is a really waste of time, and more than half of the proxies are already dead. (proxy.org). So recently I get alot of pages saying that the URL i'm entering in the proxy is banned:

This has been happening a lot recently, almost every time I click on random proxy at proxy.org, when the link opens up all i see is that on the screen. So if anyone could shed some light on this, it would help me out alot.

thanks, and I will be sticking around this forum for a long time.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Desperately need help, (banned from proxies?)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »
You can try our software Elite Proxy Switcher:
http://www.eliteproxyswitcher.com

But it will be a hard work to browse your website for 1000 times...
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

Jasonwooxby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:09:34 AM »
could you tell me, how this software would help me out, based on the situation i'm in?
thanks again.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:19:34 AM »
When you use a proxy to visit your website:
Your IP -> Proxy Server IP -> Your Website

Your website will count one hit for the IP of the proxy server.
When you change a proxy to visit your website again, it generates another hit for another IP.

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:05 AM »
Here is my problem: I have a website, which I'm planing on selling, unfortunately all the stats for the website are lost. (the amount of visitors, clicks, Unique visitors, referrals, etc.) So I need to get the amount of visitors up again, and I can't just keep click the link to my website or keep refreshing the page, because my IP is the same, so no matter how many times I visit my page in a day, it'll count as only one hit. So I need some kind of a program that will use proxies and will enable me to visit my website 1000s of times, each time using a different IP so that the hits are counted more than once.

Yeah. we know how it works, and what you are trying to do isn't anything new ... that's why counters record hits based on unique IP Addresses.

You are being banned when using web proxies because the ones you are using are "known" and have been used before for this (dishonest) purpose.  So, the key is to either use new web proxies or any anonymous proxies in general that haven't been used before against this particular counter's database or a combination of both.

Using the free versions of FPL and EPS should allow you to determine if these software packages will serve your purpose.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Jasonwooxby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 09:52:32 PM »
Yeah. we know how it works, and what you are trying to do isn't anything new ... that's why counters record hits based on unique IP Addresses.

You are being banned when using web proxies because the ones you are using are "known" and have been used before for this (dishonest) purpose.  So, the key is to either use new web proxies or any anonymous proxies in general that haven't been used before against this particular counter's database or a combination of both.

Using the free versions of FPL and EPS should allow you to determine if these software packages will serve your purpose.

So just for clarification, Who is the one blocking the website? is it the people/programs who control the stats? or is it the proxy that's banning me?

And Terry, If I was to purchase the Program, will the proxies still be banned? and also how many hits do you think I'll be able to make in a day? since you said it will be hard browsing 1000 times a day.

and "The Quality of Our Proxy Lists" could you please tell me what this means?
if I get 1000 proxies a day, only 60 will be working? and what is the difference between "working" and "Anonymous"

sorry for all these Questions, i'm still new at this stuff.

thanks guys

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:33:05 AM »
So just for clarification, Who is the one blocking the website? is it the people/programs who control the stats? or is it the proxy that's banning me?

Huh?  Sounds like we are talking about two different things here.  Websites block (ban) IP Addresses (proxies),  Counters eliminate multiple hits from the same IP Address.

And Terry, If I was to purchase the Program, will the proxies still be banned? and also how many hits do you think I'll be able to make in a day? since you said it will be hard browsing 1000 times a day.

How would anyone be able to answer these questions for you.  At least give an ounce of thought to your questions before asking them.

and "The Quality of Our Proxy Lists" could you please tell me what this means?
if I get 1000 proxies a day, only 60 will be working? and what is the difference between "working" and "Anonymous"

Terry can respond more about the quality issue, but "working" would be just that.  Meaning they are functional ... but they could be, all or in part, transparent (which would not serve your purpose), and they could be anonymous ... most likely a combination of each.  However, another problem presents itself.  The overwhelming majority of them could be Planetlab/CoDeeN proxies, which are rated high anonymous, but would not serve your purpose at all if you need to login at the site. 

sorry for all these Questions, i'm still new at this stuff.

That's not a very good excuse.  You should do your homework (research) so that you are not totally relying on other people to make decisions for you.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

Jasonwooxby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »
Thank you very much Katmando for the info.

I downloaded the free version of EPS, I got some free proxy list from My-Proxy, anyways after scanning, there were about 30 proxies working, So i used each proxy, and turns out that I still get the "banned" message when i enter in the URL.

I still don't understand how this works? (getting banned) I enter in about 3201 proxies and out of those only about 30 were working and they were all baning my website. I remmember last week I could use any proxy and still visit the site. So this all took place in last 5 days.

Is there any solution to this?
Again I really appreciate all the replies.

thanks

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:51 AM »
What's the site url?

Any chance you aren't clearly your cookies for that site before using each different proxy?

Please list the 30 proxies you used.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
There are 2 reasons:
1) The proxies bans your site: the proxy disallows the proxy user to visit your site
2) Your site bans the proxies: your site bans the visitors who are using a proxy

anything