Author Topic: Can't change IP address to Canadian one  (Read 40963 times)

MoleKingQ

• View Profile
Can't change IP address to Canadian one
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:28:24 AM »
I've been trying to change my Irish ip address to a Canadian one so I can watch some hockey which is geographically restricted. What I've done is go into Tools, Options, Connections, Settings and manually entered a proxy server. I tried a few servers and they didn't work. Then after I entered one I could browse and thought I had solved the problem but my IP address remained the same. So I went to Start, Run, cmd and entered ipconfig/release and then tried but then it said "the proxy server is refusing connections". Can anyone help? Does it make a difference that I'm in an apartment complex that might have an admin address or would trying a different server work?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't change IP address to Canadian one
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »
You should test the proxies before using them.
Our software Elite Proxy Switcher can help you to test and use proxies.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

unseen

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »
I've been trying to change my Irish ip address to a Canadian one so I can watch some hockey which is geographically restricted. What I've done is go into Tools, Options, Connections, Settings and manually entered a proxy server. I tried a few servers and they didn't work. Then after I entered one I could browse and thought I had solved the problem but my IP address remained the same. So I went to Start, Run, cmd and entered ipconfig/release and then tried but then it said "the proxy server is refusing connections". Can anyone help? Does it make a difference that I'm in an apartment complex that might have an admin address or would trying a different server work?

if the proxy u were using, showed ur same real IP, it's 1 of 2.. the proxy isnt working, or it's a transparent proxy which will still show ur real IP..
some programs can scan and test proxies and gives u proxy kind either if it was elite/anonymous/transparent or sock and countries to which every proxy belong to..
if u need more details, u'r free to pm me :)
regards

MoleKingQ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:20:10 PM »
The free version of Elite Proxy Switcher doesn't let me test for country unfortunately.

MoleKingQ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:03:06 PM »
The standard one shows countries but it never seems to produce any Canadian ones for some unknown reason.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
The standard one shows countries but it never seems to produce any Canadian ones for some unknown reason.

There are some CA proxies for your test in EPS:
Code: [Select]
198.163.152.229:3128  CA
142.150.3.78:3124  CA
66.244.214.230:80  CA
142.150.3.78:3128  CA
142.150.238.13:3124  CA
216.194.70.3:8118  CA
72.55.160.190:80  CA
216.191.142.126:80  CA
72.55.191.6:3128  CA
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

MoleKingQ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »
The only ones that work on that list are transparent which aren't any good for what I want to do.

unseen

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:51:53 AM »
here's the thing..
go to "High Anonymous Proxies" & "Anonymous Proxies" sections, collect all the proxies over there and scan them with EPS.. or u can scan them with other tools, i'll mention to u in pvt..
these proxies might contain canadian proxies, just u need to scan them with a scanner to give u the country of each proxy and its level.. but mostly these proxies r L1/2 so they'r not transparent.
if u cant collect the whole list of these 2 sections, let me know, i'll help u in this part ;)

regards

MoleKingQ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »
I'm running some of the proxy lists that I find here and on another forum through Charon and it seems only a few are workable. Then to find one that's level 1 and Canadian within that I think I'll be here a long time.

proxymewhynot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:29:43 PM »
This is what I always use amd no problems so far

Code: [Select]
http://howtohacklife101.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-change-your-ip-address.html

anything