Author Topic: can be proxies dangerous for some  (Read 9216 times)

ZERO

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
can be proxies dangerous for some
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:34:29 AM »
hi guys I have a new question   :-\  ;D
what's can administrator of proxy do if I work with his proxy?
can stole my passwords, my credit card, see my pc, search in my hard disk ...........?

thanks

stars1234

• View Profile
Re: can be proxies dangerous for some
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »
Zero, a hacker, once they know your IPaddress, can put a "keylogger" on that address and pick up anything you send. You can't stop that. What you can do is install a program that alerts you if you are being monitored. And always use a firewall to keep your system from being breached or at least, alert you to when it is. The best way to keep the info you send secure is to send it encrypted, but that's not always possible.

If a firewall shows you are sending info and you don't know how to stop it, you can always kill the power. That's not too good for the system and can possibly corrupt any program, but it will take your system off line.

A Sys Admin., is not likely to hack your system. It's sort of like wire-tapping, so I believe, that is illegal.

The admin, if he/she has time (ha), is more likely to report the "unathorized" use to a legal authority for further investigation, or notify the administrator of that internet address provider that your address used them as a proxy and ask them to investigate who it was.

There is some discussion as to whether using an open proxy is legal or not. Some say since it is open, that means it is available or "I didn't know I had to be authorized before I could use it." Others say, just because there is an open door,  that doesn't make it okay to walk in.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »
what's can administrator of proxy do if I work with his proxy?
can stole my passwords, my credit card, see my PC, search in my hard disk?

If you send your passwords or credit card information through a proxy to a HTTP site, the proxy knows what you sent.
If to a HTTPS site, the proxy can't know what you sent because all the data is encrypted.

The proxy can't see the data in your computer or search in your hard disk.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 04:01:16 AM »
thanks my friends, it's good to know what we do, and again thanks about http and https info

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 04:45:39 AM »
Zero, a hacker, once they know your IPaddress, can put a "keylogger" on that address and pick up anything you send. You can't stop that.

What?  Come again?  A "keylogger"?  A "keylogger" applied to your IP Address?  Name a few of them please!  This just might be the most ridiculous thing you have posted here.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

fgfsffs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »
So, Terry, a proxy administrator knows all my passwords?? Maybe most administrators are honest but supposing that one p. adm. wants to have fun or a little extra cash and wants to enter to forums with my login, pay with my paypal account, use my mail to send spam to all my friends (or adware) and he knows every page I visit so he can easily sell the info to a marketing or advertising company together with the info of all the other users. He could do all this if he wanted??

fgfsffs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »
Katmando: stars1234 explanation was very interesting so if it is wrong could you explain it right please?

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
Look, I am not interested in spoon feeding you or anyone else.  You at least need to make attempts to learn things about proxies and security issues on your own.  Ask your question in Google's search box.  If you don't get what you feel are the correct answers, ask your questions differently until you do.  Anyone with a true desire to learn can do it, but it does require lots of reading and of course the ability to understand what you read.

stars1234 is incorrect because he give false impressions (or assumptions) that keyloggers, more appropriately called "malicious software", can be applied to your computer by someone who simply knows your IP Address and that just is not true.  He also states that you are powerless over this from happening and that is pure fiction (bullshit).

Here are a couple of pages for you to read and learn from:

Code: [Select]
http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=204791931
http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=202913259
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

fgfsffs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »
Sorry man, i didnt meant to be annoying.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »
So, Terry, a proxy administrator knows all my passwords? .... He could do all this if he wanted?

Yes, so please don't sent important information through a proxy, especially to a HTTP site.
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

carlo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:12:03 PM »
you shouldnt need to send important information through a proxy anyways but ya its not a good idea to use sensitive information like credit cards through a proxy.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 06:54:56 AM »
hi guys, I think all guys here know The advantages of proxies since we are all members here to take those proxies, but  we don't forget disadvantages,
as he said Terry
please don't sent important information through a proxy, especially to a HTTP site.

anything