Author Topic: Any hints about using RapGet with proxies?  (Read 7181 times)

ikonoproxy

• View Profile
Any hints about using RapGet with proxies?
« on: January 12, 2008, 03:15:30 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to all this so if you decide to help me, please try to be as detailed as possible. Here's my problem:

I've recently learned we could via proxy and a cool little program called RapGet, get around the volume/hour download limitations imposed on RAPIDSHARE's free users.

Basically, I, as much as anyone else who enjoys sharing and downloading material off the internet, would like to download as many files as I'd please at the times that suit me best, so I was given this clue on how to trick the system and followed it, spent over 10 hours trying to figure out its mechanics, installed a few programs, tried many different methods (including flashget) but still can't get my Rapget to work. I've downloaded the most recent proxy list, levels 5, 4 and 3, all of the IPs seem to just not work... the status says LOADING FILE, but after 15 seconds it will just give it up and try the next proxy on the list...

I'm exhausted, can anyone please clear me up on this? You reckon it has something to do with proxy, or bad configuration (derived from bad understanding) of the RapGet program? There are NO HELP files for this program and I could really use a hand right now. I'm behind a router, you think I need to open some ports? If so, what range? Port range varies between a very large spectrum from proxy to proxy. ::)

Hope some of you brains can sort me out of this embroglio. Thanks a lot in advance

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone spare some hints?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »
Here's a video on Youtube on how to use RapGet:
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR8ITeNGG8o
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

ikonoproxy

• View Profile
Re: Any hints about using RapGet with proxies?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
Terry before I even check that video I have to say Thanks to you for such a prompt reply. That's really kind of you. Also, sorry for having posted this on the wrong section will be more attentive next time.
I'll check for that video, and I'll come back to tell you whether or not I manage to make this work.
Cheers
Ikono

ikonoproxy

• View Profile
Re: Any hints about using RapGet with proxies?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »
Ehhh, I'm worthless, but not that much... all of the things portrayed in that video (and the other one who teaches how to configure rapget to fetch ip addresses previously copied onto a txt file) I've tried them before giving up the struggle and cry for help eheh. Thanks anyway, I've posted a question also in one of the videos, I hope that sometime during the upcoming week I'll have this rapget program fully working. Meanwhile if something else occurs to you, please keep me in mind.

anything