Author Topic: A problem, good proxies that dont work  (Read 8066 times)

fgfsffs

• Post Rank: 2
    • View Profile
A problem, good proxies that dont work
« on: November 13, 2007, 12:40:36 AM »
My problem is that after testing in charon (which works well, the settings, the ip and the judges are fine) and getting a number of anon proxies labeled "good" in the status, when I try to use them in directly in firefox, internet explorer or a proxy manager like proxifier only one in 30 works. All the other good proxies fail to connect. The ones which work on firefox dont work in proxifier. Could it be that i use windows xp??
Thanks in advance.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A problem, good proxies that dont work
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 12:53:16 AM »
You can try our Proxy Checker:
http://www.eliteproxyswitcher.com
Elite Proxy Switcher - Easily testing and using proxies.
Socks Proxy Checker - To be your chief socks proxy checker.
Buy Proxy - Buy checked proxies from My-Proxy easily and quickly.

katmando

• Post Rank: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:19:49 AM »
Terry - Your answer is meaningless!

fgfsffs - Your problem IS that you haven't read through any threads here dealing with this problem.  There are many.

In order to answer your question definitively, I would have to see a specific list of the proxies (dead or alive) you have attempted to use.  Break them into the categories you have described (those used in proxifier and those use in your browser).  I suspect that you are attempting to use (a) proxies with ports that your ISP doesn't allow, yet will test to be anonymous with Charon or any other proxy analyzing software; or (b) you aren't aware that Planetlab/CoDeeN proxies can only be used to surf with and nothing more; or (c) all of the above.

When a novice says that his/her proxyjudge works well doesn't hold much meaning in reality.  How would you know if the judge you are using isn't giving our false positive results?  Please share the specific judges you are using and any other pertinent information which could be useful to anyone trying to assist you in the future.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

fgfsffs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 02:40:28 PM »
Thanks guys. Terry: i will download it right now.
katmando: you were right!! my damn isp had all my ports inactive. They have shown me how to activate them but should i put them one by one or could i just put start port: 1, end port 20000. Would this be too heavy or could i mess with dangerous ports or something like that?

carlo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:19:27 PM »
find the ports that you want to use and then just add them is my only suggestion. there r tons of ports out there but many of the proxys that u will find will be on ports like 80,8080,1080 like that so just figure out what ports you need and add them.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 07:05:44 AM »
please friends, how can I know if my ISP doesn't allow

proxies with ports that your ISP doesn't allow,

what can I do to know this?

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
find the ports that you want to use and then just add them is my only suggestion. there r tons of ports out there but many of the proxys that u will find will be on ports like 80,8080,1080 like that so just figure out what ports you need and add them.

Like most of what you have posted here, your suggestion is nothing more than a time wasting practice.  Also, what he wants to use in terms of ports has nothing to do with what is allowed by his ISP.
I tell it like it is and that's offensive to those professing knowledge they don't have.

katmando

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 02:46:29 PM »
please friends, how can I know if my ISP doesn't allow
proxies with ports that your ISP doesn't allow,
what can I do to know this?

Call them on the phone or send them an email and ask them.

ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »
Call them on the phone or send them an email and ask them.
I thought that I need software to detect, alright thanks friend

anything